Allergic rhinitis can last all year round, as well as seasonal. Rhinitis, which persists throughout the year, is more often observed in young children. There is usually a family history of this disease.
Causes of rhinitis in children
The most common causes of rhinitis in children are:
* Pollen from trees, grass or grasses
* Dust mites
* Cockroach waste
* Animal feathers
* Tobacco smoke
What are the symptoms of rhinitis in children?
Although there are common symptoms, each individual may show different symptoms. Common symptoms are as follows:
* Stuffy nose
* Runny nose
* Itchy nose, throat, eyes and ears
* Clean discharge from the nose Jul
* Children who have symptoms of rhinitis throughout the year may have the following symptoms:
* Recurrent ear infections
* Mouth breathing
* Poor performance in the classroom
* Damage on the nose caused by constantly wiping the nose
Symptoms of rhinitis can be evaluated like symptoms of other diseases, and it is always necessary to consult a doctor for a definitive diagnosis.
How is rhinitis diagnosed in children?
Your doctor will plan your treatment based on your medical history and the results of a physical examination. Dark circles under the eyes, wrinkles under the eyes, and swollen tissues in the nose are common signs of this disease. In the presence of these symptoms, your doctor may refer your child to an allergist.
How is the treatment of allergic rhinitis in children carried out ?
Your child's doctor will create the most successful treatment for your child based on the answers to the following questions:
• Your child's age
* General health and medical history
* The level of the disease
* Your child's level of tolerability of certain medications, procedures, or therapies
* Estimated duration of the disease
In some cases, rhinitis symptoms may be thought to be caused by other conditions or medical problems, and this may delay diagnosis. You should always take your child to a health facility for a definitive diagnosis.
Treatment options for rhinitis may include:
* Antihistamines Nasal sprays
* Medications for asthma symptoms
* Allergy medications