2) It contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and B vitamins in a high proportion. when 100 grams of dried figs are eaten, the body's daily requirement of calcium is 17%, iron and magnesium are 30%, phosphorus is 20%, vitamin B1 is 5%, vitamin B2 is 4%.
3) It benefits blood pressure. It is rich in potassium, which has an important role in regulating blood pressure. People who do not consume vegetables and fruits regularly, consume foods with a high processed sodium content, may experience potassium deficiency, which can lead to hypertension.
4) It provides weight control and is used in the treatment of obesity. Fiber and fiber-rich foods have a positive effect on weight control. Figs are also very rich in dietary fiber. There is an average of 1 gram of dietary fiber in 1 medium-sized fig, which meets 6% of the amount of fiber we need daily. At the same time, thanks to figs, your need for sweets is also eliminated, and thus you will not consume or consume less of objectionable foods. With these properties, figs can be used in weight loss and protection programs in your weight management if portion control is performed.
5) It protects the body from some bacteria that are harmful. Figs facilitate digestion with the fiber they contain and thanks to this feature, they play a role in protecting your body from harmful bacteria.
6) Positively affects bone and dental health. It is good for bones and teeth thanks to the high phosphorus and calcium it contains. The calcium in figs is digested more easily than other foods, so it is recommended that people who cannot drink milk consume figs.
7) Protects from cancer. A substance called benzaldehyde, found in figs, prevents the growth of cancerous cells, and the antioxidants contained in it also have a preventive effect on the growth of cancer cells.
8) Has a laxative effect. Especially the infusion prepared with dried figs is a laxative with a high effect, which can be used without fear in children. The preparation is as follows: 2-3 dried figs are chopped and infused for 10-15 minutes by adding boiling water to it. It is recommended to drink 2-3 glasses a day.
9) Prevents the formation of warts. The milk inside the leaves of the fig, which is tender, is effective against warts. In order to provide this effect, the milk coming out of the fig leaf, which is curdled, is rubbed into the wart. When done regularly, the wart disappears.
10) Prevents the maturation of boils and hemorrhoids. A decoction is prepared with dried fig leaves. This decoction acts against hemorrhoids (hemorrhoids) and boils.
The preparation of the decoction is as follows: the fig leaves, which are tender, are dried in an airy and sunless place, after which the leaves are shredded. 2 or 3 teaspoons of dried fig leaves are boiled in a glass of water for 30 minutes and the cloth soaked with the decoction water prepared in this way is wrapped around the hemorrhoid breast or boil. Drink up to 2-3 glasses of this decoction against hemorrhoids during the day.
11) It has been shown by research that it prevents the occurrence of breast cancer after menopause. 52.823 with women in menopause for about 8 years in a study, the risk of developing breast cancer compared to others givers fruit fiber in the diet and 34% less. The fact that not only fruits, but also cereals contain a high percentage of fiber shows that they also have a reducing effect on the risk of developing cancer.
12) It is a storehouse of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals: Fresh figs, especially dark in color, contain many antioxidant components such as carotene, lutein, tannin and vitamins useful for our health such as A, E, K. Thanks to its rich content of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, it protects the body from harmful components and at the same time ensures that our immune system is strong.
13) Balances the release of insulin. Since it has a high content of potassium and magnesium in it, it balances the release of insulin. Thanks to this property, patients with diabetes can also consume figs.
14) Protects heart health. With the presence of potassium minerals, it maintains the balance of blood pressure and thus positively affects heart health.
15) Cleanses the body.
Thanks to the antioxidants it contains, figs play an active role in cleaning the intestines with blood and at the same time creates resistance to eye and respiratory diseases that may occur in adult individuals.
16) It is good for stomach disorders. Thanks to its high fiber content, it has positive effects on the stomach. Studies have shown that it is good for stomach disorders such as ulcers, reflux, gastritis.
17) It is good for skin diseases. The antioxidants contained in figs also have positive effects on skin health.
Those who have acne problems will clean their skin when they puree the fig and apply it to their face for 20 minutes.
18) Nourishes the hair. With magnesium and vitamin C, figs nourish the hair and hair follicles and give the hair a natural look.
19) It has positive effects on osteoporosis, eczema, psoriasis and diabetes diseases. If consumed in appropriate portions, it has been shown to be good for diabetes by eliminating the fiber and sweet cravings in its content.
20) It is good for constipation. With the high fiber content of figs, it cleanses the intestines and is good for constipation.
21) Lowers blood pressure. Those with high blood pressure disease are advised to add figs to their diet.