But the methods applied in case of need are as follows:
• Home treatment: Hot compresses and medications containing ibuprofen can help reduce swelling, pain, and inflammation.
* Antibiotic: Antibiotics can be used if the cause of the swelling is bacterial.
• Abscess evacuation: An abscess can form when the lymph node itself is infected. This is drained through a small incision made in the abscess.
• Cancer treatment: If the cause of swelling is a cancerous tumor, cancer treatments such as surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy are preferred.
Symptoms of lymphedema
* Swelling of part or all of the arm or leg, including the fingers or toes, depending on the area where lymphedema occurs
• Do not strain when wearing jewelry or dressing
• Feeling of heaviness or tension in the limbs
* A feeling of needle sinking or tingling
* Limitation of movement
* Hardening and thickening of the skin
* Swelling of the head or neck
* Recurrent skin infections
* Blisters or wart-like formations on the skin