This also reduces the amount of energy the body spends during the day. When unhealthy nutrition is added to sedentary life, body resistance is broken and the risk of getting diseases increases.
Vitamin C for strong immunity in winter
In the winter months, flu infections occur more frequently due to being affected by cold. Therefore, in order to take precautions against diseases, foods rich in vitamin C should be consumed, especially in winter. In addition to fruits such as orange, tangerine, kiwi and grapefruit; Vegetables that are sources of vitamin C such as red pepper, red beet, radish, celery, spinach, leek, cabbage and chard are among the foods that should be on the table. These vegetables and fruits, which strengthen the immune system, help the body gain resistance against diseases. Vegetables and fruits, which are the two most important elements of a healthy diet, should be consumed at least 5 portions a day.
Take precautions against winter diseases!
• Fish is among the foods that should not be missing from the tables in winter. Because of omega 3 fatty acids it contains, it strengthens the immune system. Fish should be consumed at least 2 days a week.
• The best source of vitamin D is the sun. Since it is not possible to benefit from the sun's rays sufficiently in the winter season, vitamin D supplements should be used in case of vitamin D deficiency.
• On cold winter days, instead of tea and coffee, freshly squeezed fruit juices, herbal teas and rosehip tea, which is rich in vitamin C, can be preferred.
• During the long nights of the winter months, there is a greater need for snack-style foods and sweets called 'junk food'. Oily nuts can be consumed by mixing chickpeas and not in large quantities. During this period, it is necessary to stay away from pastries with high calories. Dessert needs can be satisfied with milk desserts, not to exceed 2 times a week.
• During the winter months, vegetables that children do not like are the majority. Children are more likely to get flu infections because their immune system is weaker than adults. For this reason, winter vegetables should be offered to children in their favorite dishes, in a way that they can consume.
Attenton should be paid to fluid consumption in winter.