Genetic factors are a very important detail, but they are not the main factors that determine the rate of skin aging. The most obvious factor is environmental factors. The skin ages both internally and externally. Of course, it is not in our hands to stop this process and turn it back, but it is in our hands for this process to progress more slowly and, most importantly, in a healthy way. Apart from environmental factors, psychological factors such as proper nutrition, adequate water consumption, sleep Patterns, stress; skin cleansing, skin hydration, proper product use also directly affect skin health.
Now let's examine these titles in detail:
1) ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Biologically, the aging process begins at the age of 25 for all body structures, but in addition to this aging in the skin, another most important factor is external, that is, environmental factors. These include; sun rays, air temperature, humidity of the air, air pollution and wind. In this direction, it is important to protect yourself from the sun and use sunscreen suitable for the skin structure.
- In those who live in very hot regions and whose skin structure is dry, there may be more drying, and in those who are oily, the sebum, that is, the oil balance may be disturbed.
- In extremely cold climates, excessive drying of the skin and associated premature skin aging, skin diseases such as eczema may occur.
- When the air is dry, windy, dirty or the humidity level is low, skin diseases such as acne, psoriasis and eczema may increase.
It is necessary not to bathe with excessively hot water, stay in the bath for no more than 15-20 minutes, moisturize the skin well, avoid washing with calcareous water. All these factors are as closely related to hair health as the skin.
2) PROPER NUTRITION
- If we do not eat properly and consciously, our skin health is in danger.
- The most important step in a balanced diet is not to start the day without breakfast. The necessary vitamin and mineral support for the skin is both necessary for the existing skin structure and important for delaying the signs of skin aging.
- Skin-friendly foods are dark green leafy vegetables, red fruits, low-fat animal foods, freshly squeezed juices rich in vitamin C, fibrous foods.
- It is necessary to avoid foods containing excess salt, carbonated drinks, foods containing sugar, deli products such as sausage and salami, mayonnaise & ketchup-style sauces.
- The most important for the skin is the consumption of water. It is necessary to drink at least 7-8 glasses of water a day.
- Not smoking, not drinking more than two cups of coffee a day, drinking 2 or 3 cups of green tea a day is important for skin health.
- It is useful to consume important food groups with antioxidant properties to maintain skin health. Some of them are; salmon, almonds, pomegranate, blueberries, garlic, grape seeds, onions, celery, artichokes…
3) SLEEP PATTERNS
When we don't sleep regularly, the skin's self-repair and renewal process decreases. Growth hormone is secreted during sleep. In people who sleep little, the release of steroids, that is, cortisone, increases in the body, the increase in cortisone triggers stress in the body, disrupts the structure of collagen, collagen is the most important element that provides elasticity and vitality of the skin. When we are deprived of sleep, we see that our skin loses its vivid and bright appearance, bagging of detention, increased swelling, the formation of bruises in detention, deterioration in skin tone. It is necessary to sleep an average of 6- 8 hours per day. It has been shown in studies that the most important hours of sleep are between 23.00-04.00.
4) SKIN CLEANSING
The skin should be cleaned twice a day, morning and evening. Just because it is too much doesn't mean it will be better, even more can create problems. Excessive use of skin cleansers can also cause skin wear, deterioration of the protective barrier property, and even irritation, redness and eczema due to excessive dryness, as it will remove the beneficial fat layer of the skin. Skin care is individual because each person's skin structure, sensitivity and problems are different. Therefore, each product, from the cleanser used to the moisturizer and even the sunscreen, should be evaluated and selected separately. The skin structure is generally evaluated as dry, combination and oily. Apart from that, if there is an existing skin condition (eczema, atopy, capillary vessel dilation, large pore structure, pigmentation problem prone to staining, etc.) these should also be carefully and thoroughly considered.
5) CORRECT PRODUCT USE
Everyone, whether a woman or a man, wants their skin to look vibrant, radiant, youthful and taut. For this reason, many people can also lose their way from time to time in this vast cosmetic industry. First of all, it should be remembered that there is no such thing as an expensive or highly advertised product that is very good. The skin is an organ and a big part of the body. Therefore, when making the most correct and conscious choice for skin health, it is absolutely necessary to get support from a dermatology specialist. Skin diseases, the structure, who will assess your current best dermatologists for their needs keep your diet or lifestyle, your psychological condition, if you have your evaluation of skin disorders in this direction and, if necessary, medical treatment, along with proper planning, they will do.
makeup is the sensitive point of every woman. But makeup itself is also a delicate application. When it is done unconsciously and excessively, it can seriously impair your skin health, let alone beautification. The most important and major side effect is that it can cause an allergic reaction. Women who have to wear makeup every day for social or personal reasons need to be more careful in this case. It is important to wear little makeup if possible and choose the right product. In this regard, my suggestions; definitely not to sleep with your makeup, always cleaning your makeup before bed, hand disinfection prior to pay attention to not to use someone else's products, product features noncomedogenic so does not allow the formation of acne and blackheads the profile, the skin moisturizing after washing makeup done to be thoroughly degraded not use the product need to pay attention to that.