It is possible to get rid of this ailment, which reduces people's quality of life and reduces their expectations from life, with the efforts you make during the day… Specialist Psychologist Seliyha Doresim from Us Psychiatry Institute made suggestions for coping with depression symptoms and depression.
You may have trouble doing your normal daily activities and sometimes feel that life is not worth living. More than an epidemic of boredom, depression is not a weakness and you simply cannot "get rid of it". Depression may require moderate to long-term treatment.
Depression symptoms are as follows:
• Feelings of unhappiness, bursting into tears, emptiness or hopelessness,
• Outbursts of anger, sensitivity or frustration, even over small issues.
• Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities such as sex, hobbies or sports,
• Sleep disturbances such as loss of sleep or sleeping too much,
• Fatigue or lack of energy that requires additional effort even in small jobs,
• Changes in appetite; often decreased appetite and weight loss, but in some people increased appetite and weight gain,
• Anxiety, agitation or restlessness,
• slow thinking, speaking or body movements,
• Feelings of worthlessness or guilt,
• Focusing on past mistakes or blaming yourself for things that are not your responsibility,
• Having trouble thinking, concentrating, making wrong decisions and remembering everyday things,
• Frequent and recurrent suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts,
• Unexplained physical problems such as back pain or headache,
Don't get caught up in negative emotions during the healing process
Depressive symptoms should not be confused with personality traits. Depressive symptoms are temporary and do not mean that "your character has changed" or that you are "not the same person you used to be". The loss of function you experience with depression does not mean "insufficiency". Just as you can't walk when your foot is broken, you have trouble doing certain things when you're depressed. There may be fluctuations in the healing process.
From time to time, increase in depressive symptoms, changes in mood, old unrealistic thoughts can be seen. Remember that this process is part of the recovery period and distance yourself from negative thoughts such as "I'll be back to the beginning, I'll be back to the beginning". Otherwise, this may prolong the duration of the temporary depressive affect. In cases of prolonged depression, it may be necessary to consult a physician. In severe cases, it may be necessary to use medication under the supervision of a doctor for the treatment of depression.
To Get Rid of Depression…
• Spend more time with your relatives and especially your family.
• Express your feelings, consider your own feelings and needs as much as you care about other people's feelings.
• Don't forget the depression cycle! In depression, the person often has no desire to do anything, has a desire to sleep, and does not enjoy what he does. You can increase the level of depression if you sit at home to feed the symptoms, do nothing and wait for it to come from within. For this reason, as much as possible, continue your activities even if you do not enjoy such situations.
• Do not be focused on the past. Do not dwell on past mistakes and do not approach them in a problem-oriented manner.
• Increase positive emotion expressions. Do not refrain from expressing your negative feelings and thoughts on time, in the appropriate dose. Remember that timely appropriate expression and active behavior will prevent accumulation and minor aftershocks will prevent major earthquakes.
• There may be fluctuations in the healing process and an increase in depressive symptoms may occur from time to time. Take this as normal.
• It is important that family members spend time together. Spending time can be provided with a small activity at home, or it can be achieved with activities outside the home.
• Remember that taking regular walks in the open air every other day has the same therapeutic effect as antidepressants. You can gradually increase your pace and walking time.
• Take domestic responsibilities to reduce the time you spend in bed at home and increase your activity.
• Take care to sleep in a way that will benefit more from daylight. Going to bed late and waking up late is a factor that perpetuates depression on its own. Get used to going to bed early and getting up early.